Bird Strike Committee USA (BSC USA) is a volunteer organization whose mission is to promote wildlife strike awareness and reporting, with the fundamental goal of mitigating wildlife hazards to aviation. BSC USA holds an annual conference where information is exchanged through presentations, exhibitors and networking, and is an active participant at other aviation meetings in the USA and globally.
The organization is directed by a Steering Committee consisting of members from representative organizations, including:
- Federal Aviation Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Department of Defense
- U.S. Airports
- Private Sector Services
- Aerospace Industry
Thanks Bird Strike Canada for a great conference!*
Bird and other wildlife strikes to aircraft are estimated to cause over $900 million in damage to U.S. civil and military aviation annually. Furthermore, these strikes put the lives of aircraft crew members and their passengers at risk: over 250 people have been killed worldwide as a result of wildlife strikes since 1988.
News & Announcements
- *Conference presentations will be available soon.
- FAA/USDA Serial Report 21 just released!!
- Special Report: Strike Reporting Trends, 1990-2013
- New: FAA Wildlife Hazard Management Video